Happy Wednesday! If you are in the mid-week struggle, and too busy to think about dinner. I have you covered. This meal requires quite a bit of wine, but you can save the rest for yourself. So pop open that bottle, and portion out what you need for the recipe, and get drinking! Oh, and don’t forget to indulge in this delicious pasta!
- 3/4 pound of pasta (your choice)
- 2 cloves of garlic (pressed)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups white wine
- 1/4 cup of basil leaves (chiffonade)
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1/4 lemon (juiced)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup of pasta water
- 1/2 pound peeled and deveined shrimp
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place a pot of water on the stove to boil, salt the water (you want it to taste like the ocean).
- As the water comes to a boil, start making your sauce.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat, add pressed garlic, cook for about 10 seconds, and then add red pepper flakes, and flour.
- Once those become fragrant and nutty, add in butter and lemon juice. Mix until a paste forms.
- Pour in your wine, and break up any flour bits that still exist. Whisk until a smooth sauce forms.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Boil your pasta according to directions
- The sauce will thicken, to thin it out add in pasta water a tablespoon at a time. Whisk until combined, before each new addition.
- Once the pasta is almost al dente toss your shrimp in the sauce until it is fully cooked.
- Add the pasta to the sauce, and toss all together.
- Top with basil.