Hello All! I hope everyone is doing well, and having a happy October thus far. I can’t believe it’s almost over! So far my month has been crazy. I went to five shows. It was super fun and they are all so talented! I have watched scary movies, carved pumpkins, and have tried several new Fall related recipes. Meanwhile, I’m onto November in my mind, and I am already planning out my Thanksgiving menu.
Oh, and in other news, I got a new job! I am officially a baker, for a living. Can you believe it? Basically the most fun career ever. My coworkers are absolutely wonderful, and so encouraging. I am so happy!
Okay, Okay… now on to the recipe you came here for. Blueberry muffins with crumb topping. These are marvelous. Fresh blueberries, brown sugar, cinnamon, every ingredient is delicious. Let’s get started!
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups of blueberries
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter – melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line muffin pan with liners or spray with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients for muffin, including the lemon zest. Whisk until combined.
- Make a well in the center of your flour mixture and pour in your wet ingredients. Stir until almost fully mixed.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Portion into muffin pan, (we filled ours to the top).
- In another bowl mix together your crumb mixture, then pour your melted butter over it and mix only until medium sized crumbs form.
- Sprinkle crumbs over top of muffins.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with only a few crumbs on it.