Hey everyone! Sorry it’s been awhile since I’ve posted. I have had such a busy week! However, it looks like things are going to calm down now, and I have a few great recipes saved up for you!
Let’s start off with my favorite seasonal breakfast. Pumpkin French Toast. This recipe is super simple and easy, and with the help of your oven, you can make it for a crowd!
- 1- 1 1/2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- Thick sliced bread
- Preheat and grease a cast iron skillet to medium-low heat. Preheat oven to 220 degrees F.
- In a shallow baking dish combine all of the ingredients, except the bread. Stir until combined.
- Dip bread into mixture, and coat on both sides. Carefully place onto skillet.
- Cook until well browned on both sides.
- Place on a baking sheet, and keep in oven to remain warm while you cook the rest of the pieces.
- Remove from oven, add butter, maple syrup, enjoy!