I love cauliflower! If you do too, then you will love this soup. It’s perfect hot, cold, or any time of the year. Plus it’s super simple to make!
Serves 2, plus extra!
Here is what you’ll need:
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium onion diced
- Vegetable or Chicken stock
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1/4 cup or 1-2 slices of Aged white cheddar (We used Kerrygold Aged Cheddar)
- (Optional- serve with green onions)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Break down cauliflower, removing the core. Toss with olive oil and some salt.
- Place the cauliflower on a sheet pan and roast in the oven until it looks like this.
- In a large pot sauté garlic and onion with olive oil. Add roasted cauliflower and cover with stock.
- Cook down until completely softened, about an hour, to an hour and a half.
- Puree in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Add back to pot and slowly add heavy cream and cheese until creamy and melted.
- Top with green onions, if using, and serve with bread.